Distans

Hur ser avstånd ut?
är en enkel och direkt fråga
Den sträcker sig från ett inre utan rymd
till gränsen för vad som går att älska

When we sat in evenings
counting up the seconds
between the thunder and the lightning
trying to find the distance
the space between what we feel and what we see
like the distance coming between you and me

Jag behärskar inte den rörelse det innebär att komma nära.
Det är inte närhet, du är bara det jag internaliserat med tungan.

And i dont care if youre not here
cause you dont care if im not there
Its easy when its understood, I know Ive got no reason to complain
You asked if I would come along, and I said you dont want me to
An agreement based on own assuptions is what Ive had to go by for so long
You cover the distance to get to me, pretending that you cover the distance,
to get to me and win me over

Yes, I need a certain distance
I will loose energy if I open up contact with only one person